Angel costumes can be as dramatic or simple as you want to make them. Wings are not necessary, and halos can be worn around the forehead or suspended above it.
White dress or nightgown
Two large pieces of cardboard
Long elastic material or elastic casing
Put on the white dress or nightgown.
Loosely trace the shape of a wing onto each piece of cardboard and cut it out.
Cover the wing shapes with glue on both sides and glue the feathers on.
Punch a hole into each end of the wings where they will “attach” to the back.
Thread the wire through the holes and twist the ends of the wire together to hold the wings together tightly.
Have an assistant hold the wings in place between the shoulder blades while a second person wraps long elastic casing over the wings, over the wear’s shoulders, and under the arm pits, tying the ends together tightly to hold the wings in place.
Bend a piece of wire into a circle that fits comfortably around the wearer’s head.
Cover the wire with glue and feathers. If desired, the second piece of wire can be attached to the halo and to the wearer’s shirt so it floats above the head.
- Short red robe
- White shirt
- Red sweatpants
- Pillow if necessary
- White faux-fur
- Fabric glue
- Faux-beard and wig, if necessary
- Black boots
- Cut long strips of the faux-fur and glue them to all the hems on the role, including the sleeves, collar, front and bottom.
- Cut and glue strips of the faux fur to the bottoms of the sweat pants.
- Put on the sweatpants and white shirt.
- Tuck the pillow up under the shirt and tuck the shirt into the pants to create a rounded belly.
- Put on the robe over the shirt.
- Finish with the black boots, a Santa hat, wig, and beard.
Head out dressed as Frosty to any holiday party.
- Oversized white sweat-shirt with hood
- White pants or leggings
- Pillow or upholstery stuffing
- Fabric glue
- Pop-up clothes hamper
- Black hat
- Cut the bottom out of the pop-up clothes hamper and pull the sweatshirt over it to make the sweat-shirt stand out.
- Glue loose pillow or upholstery stuffing over the entire sweatshirt, including the hood. Use enough to really round out the hood and body of the sweatshirt.
- Put on the white pants and the sweatshirt with its hamper frame. Put the hood up.
- Place a black hat on top of the hood, tie a scarf around your neck and hold onto a broom.